Monday, February 24, 2014

Mysterious Essbase Error When Loading Data With a Flat File

Hey Everyone,
I know it has been a while since I last posted, but I promise I am still here hard at work.  :)

I recently came across an error message from the output of one of my MaxL scripts that I have never seen before.  So my first thought is, "Hey Scott, why not Google that error message to see what is going on?".  This is usually a pretty safe attack on these types of errors, but in this case, I was mistaken.  At the time of searching for this error, there was nothing on Google about it.  Really, I am serious.  Nothing.

So here it is:
MAXL> import database PINBALL.PARTY_DB data from server data_file "some_great_text_file.txt" using server rules_file "LoadUp" on error write to "D:\EssbaseErr\dataload_some_great_text_file.err";

OK/INFO - 1019061 - Reading Rule SQL Information For Database [PARTY_DB].
OK/INFO - 1019025 - Reading Rules From Rule Object For Database [PARTY_DB].
   ERROR - 1013295 - Server Request Fails with error code [1003086].
   ERROR - 1241101 - Unexpected Essbase error 1013295.


The line I am referring to is the "ERROR - 1013295 - Server Request Fails with error code [1003086]" message.  What is that?

So, since Google failed in allowing me to be lazy, I am going to have to dig down a bit deeper and find out what is going on.  I grab a cup of coffee and prepare myself for a fun little research activity.

First thing I check?  Is the file physically in the app folder...  It is NOT.  So basically, this error message is only trying to tell me that the file I was trying to load into Essbase does not exist.  I didn't even get to take the first sip of my coffee.

Now you may be asking why would I post a problem with such a ridiculously easy solution...  Simple answer.  I did it because no information (at the time of posting this) exists on the internet for this error message.

You are very welcome!

Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha,

    you'll be glad to know that i'm very thankful you decided to write this post! First thing I found.

    And yep. File was in the app folder not the database folder.

    Cheers
    Pete
    www.essbasedownunder.com

    ReplyDelete